The Machinery Mechanical Engineer reports to the Machinery Technical Manager. The purpose of this position is to develop and design new machines and improvements to existing machines, components and parts, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyses client’s technical specifications, develops project draft and verifies feasibility with other departments
- Develops a schedule for project completion and reviews the project plan with senior management
- Develops mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems layouts collaborating closely with the Software Engineer to integrate the electrical and automation systems
- Runs kinematic and dynamic analysis to define the system’s movement characteristics
- Provides technical support in drafting quotations for the project
- Develops 2D tables for new parts and components
- Codes new parts and components in the ERP system and compiles purchase orders and detailed bills of material
- Supports the Service Department providing necessary data and technical documents, contributing to troubleshooting activities
- Supports the assembly phase and gathers feedback from the production department on improvements and modifications
- Drafts technical documents and manuals
- Excellent applied knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering technology and mechanical drawing
- Excellent knowledge of Cad 2D software
- Excellent knowledge of 3D design software for parametric and non-parametric modelling
- Good knowledge of English
- Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes.
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
- Spend your time and energy to ensure members of your team understand the importance of their work. Develop your team to reach greater and bigger goals and create our future leaders.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a mechanical designer
In order to ensure a correct application process, please also register on the following sitejobs.serioplast.com applying to the position: Machinery Mechanical Engineer at Seriomac #2330