The Planning and Procurement Engineer reports to the Planning and Procurement Manager. The purpose of this position is to ensure the correct and cost effective provision of goods, equipment and services, and to manage the production planning, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Planning and Procurement Manger in planning and monitoring the production program
- Details and calculates material requests based on production orders, focusing on optimizing the use of stocked resources based on production plans
- Purchases needed material coordinating with the requester to identify purchase requirements
- Sources and selects suppliers, evaluates offers economically, technically and strategically, evaluating payback
- Regularly meets suppliers for updates and to improve contractual conditions
- Negotiates offers and concludes contracts for the provision of goods, equipment or services
- Monitors and expedites orders and commissioned services, ensuring correct and timely delivery
- Addresses issues and claims related to purchases
- Supports in verifying goods and service invoices ensuring alignment to agreed prices
- Receives spare parts requests evaluates availability and guarantee conditions, provides spare parts or sends request to admin department for quotation
- Verifies order completion and personnel availability, organizes transportation and installation of machines, equipment and parts
- Excellent knowledge of the supply chain process
- Good knowledge of business economics
- Good project management skills
- Good applied knowledge of an ERP system (preferably SAP)
- Good knowledge of English
- Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes.
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the procurement department of a machine manufacturing company
In order to ensure a correct application process, please also register on the following site jobs.serioplast.com, applying to the position: Planning and Procurement Engineer at Seriomac #2331