The R&D Capability Manager reports to the R&D Director. The purpose of this position is to implement the strategical vision of the company concerning technology through the development of technical standards, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Defines the types of machines and assets the company should purchase, their positioning and integration within the plants
- Provides the engineers with technical requirements for the executive design
- Supports and cooperates with the Procurement team and Project Managers in analyzing internal and clients’ technical requests, evaluating feasibility of new projects, providing support in technical discussions with the client and/or supplier, proposing technical changes and improvements to projects
- Supervises, coordinates and supports the R&D Layout team, managing priorities, eliminating, bottlenecks and addressing critical issues
- Coordinates projects for innovative machines
- Stays constantly updated with technological innovation, technical competencies and best practices in plastic blow molding
- Participates to the development, improvement and standardization of department processes and procedures
- Monitors the team’s performance and proposes the introduction of tools and solutions to improve performance
- Excellent knowledge of industrial automation
- Excellent knowledge of the supply chain process and production flows
- Good project management skills
- Good knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM)
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering technology and mechanical drawing
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes.
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
- Leadership. Spend your time and energy to ensure members of your team understand the importance of their work. Develop your team to reach greater and bigger goals and create our future leaders.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role in a company with similar industry specific technologies and productive processes
In order to ensure a correct application process, please also register on the following site
jobs.serioplast.com applying to the position: R&D Capability Manager at Global Headquarters # 2485.