The R&D Designer reports to the R&D Technical Manager. The purpose of this position is to develop the design of molds, equipment and parts to satisfy clients’ requests and production needs, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develops and designs 3D models and 2D layouts of new mold sets and equipment liaising with the Project Managers
- Designs, redesigns and revises shape drawings according to clients’ requests, optimizing designs for production
- Develops and designs new, improved, modified or corrected technical parts for new or existing mold sets
- Provides detailed technical information, 2D and 3D drawings to suppliers during mold set development phases
- Participates in meetings with the R&D Team to provide updates on project status and discuss project details
- Provides necessary technical information in the definition of new projects, gives technical support to Project Managers in managing clients’ requests, evaluating feasibility of new projects or requests
- Manages the technical drawings database
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering technology and mechanical drawing
- Good knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM)
- Excellent knowledge of 3D design software for parametric and non-parametric modelling
- Excellent knowledge of Cad 2D software
- Good knowledge of English
- Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes.
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a mechanical designer
In order to ensure a correct application process, please also register on the following site
jobs.serioplast.com applying to the position: R&D Designer at Global Headquarters #2739