The R&D Process Manager reports to the R&D Director. The purpose of this position is to guarantee the development and optimization of plastic molding processes, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates, supervises and supports the R&D Process team, managing priorities, removing bottle necks and addressing critical issues
- Monitors the team’s performance and proposes the introduction of tools and solutions to improve performance
- Develops injection molding, extrusion blow molding and stretch blow moldingprocesses for the consumer goods packaging industry
- Applies technical knowledge to design, test and optimize process parameters during product development
- Coordinates and oversees the R&D Technologists during test production runs aimed at process or product validation
- Defines, implements and reviews testing protocols and defines best practices for process and product development
- Applies data analysis techniques to interpret process data
- Prepares process reports, analyses root causes and advises on corrective actions
- Fosters product concept reviews, feasibility analysis and development of new products and tooling
- Trains R&D Technologists on critical process parameters and process development
- Stays constantly updated with technological innovation, technical competencies and best practices in plastic blow molding
- Excellent knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM)
- Excellent applied knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and/or electronic systems
- Good knowledge of the properties and behavior of thermoplastic polymers
- Excellent knowledge of Statistical Process Control and statistical analysis
- Good applied knowledge of measuring instruments and techniques
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Accountability. Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes.
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
- Leadership. Spend your time and energy to ensure members of your team understand the importance of their work. Develop your team to reach greater and bigger goals and create our future leaders.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in the R&D department of a manufacturing company
In order to ensure a correct application process, please also register on the following site
jobs.serioplast.com applying to the position: R&D Process Manager at Global Headquarters # 2465.