The R&D Product & Process Engineer reports to the R&D Product & Process Manager. The purpose of this position is to manage projects for product development in the consumer goods packaging markets, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements R&D projects (e.g. development of new products, changes to existing products, reverse engineering of existing ones) keeping all involved parties on schedule and monitoring their output
- Requests and supports the organization of sampling activities cooperating with Plants and internal departments; participates in samplings to verify the implementation of client requirements
- Liaises with the R&D Technical Office, suppliers and clients to make necessary technical changes to molds, equipment or processes, supporting the resolution of technical issues
- Cooperates with the R&D Lab Staff to ensure use of correct test methods; verifies lab reports and presents results internally and to the client
- Supports the client in devising, designing or modifying new or existing products, analyses project feasibility and works with the client to propose improvements and optimizations
- Excellent project management skills
- Good knowledge of Statistical Process Control and statistical analysis
- Good knowledge of polymers and plastic molding technologies (injection and blow molding)
- Basic knowledge of measuring instruments and techniques
- Basic knowledge of CAD 3D software
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes.
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in an R&D department of a manufacturing company