The R&D Technologist reports to the R&D Process Manager. The purpose of this position is to support the development and optimization of plastic molding processes, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Verifies the correct set-up of machinery, carries out start-up of new machines and equipment
- Sets production recipes making necessary mechanical and electrical regulations and setting PLC parameters, to ensure product specifications are met
- Tests mechanical and electronic regulations, tests production variables to optimize the production process
- Controls process stability, specifically stretch blow molding (SBM) and extrusion blow molding (EBM)
- Provides technical support on testing and commissioning of new products in order to improve production processes
- Trains Junior Technologists
- Excellent knowledge of knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM)
- Excellent knowledge of the properties and behavior of thermoplastic polymers
- Excellent applied knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and/or electronic systems
- Good applied knowledge of measuring instruments and techniques
- Basic knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment rules and practices
- Ability to operate manual and electric forklifts
- Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership for your mistakes.
- Problem solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
Education and Experience:
Minimum 3 years’ experience working with industry specific technologies and productive processes